How to test SMB3 using Samba?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed May 9 09:06:52 MDT 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:44:24AM -0400, peixing.sun at emc.com wrote:
> Hi Jeremy:
>
> Thanks for your information.
>
> But Window 8 and SMB3 will be released late 2012,  EMC will also release new products that support SMB3.
> It's too late to get Samba to support SMB3 "over a year or so"

Well then you should add more engineering efforts
to help us finish it sooner then :-).

It would be most appreciated :-).

After all, you surely didn't expect us to just do
it for you without any help, did you ? :-) :-).

I'll also believe EMC's 2012 SMB3 release date
when I see the products for sale, not before :-).

Remember I've been developing software for a long
time, so I'm naturally conservative on my ship
dates.

Jeremy.