[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.6 on Mai 24?

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Tue May 8 08:21:06 MDT 2012

Quoting Karolin Seeger (kseeger at samba.org):

> > I just had a look at this bug and my understanding is that it is
> > linked to all bugs that the new release is meant to fix.
>
> No, not all bugs. Let's say bugs that should really be fixed.
> To be honest, I don't get the sense of this container, because you could
> use the importance for that classification. But of course that's very
> subjective. Maybe Günther would like to comment.
>
> > So, I guess that #8762 should be added to this list, am I right?
>
> Not necessarily. This patch has been pushed and will definately be included
> in the next bugfix release. I think adding each bug included to the
> release bug does not make sense. All bugs addressed will be listed in the
> release notes and it would take too much additional time to add all bug to
> the release bug. But of course we can discuss that.

OK, got the point. The bug is not a metabug meant to gather together
the bugs fixed by a given release, but more a list of "blocker"
bugs. Makes sense.

> > I'm also wondering about #8139 which was pushed to the "next" branches
> > as of Feb 3rd, so just after the release of 3.6.3
>
> This one will be included in the next maintenance release as well. The
> latency is due to the two security releases which included the security
> fixes only.

Nor problem with that. I'm actualy in my "bug triage" mood (the only
moment in the year where the count of bugs in the Debian package is
lowering...:-)) and trying to figure out what will be fixed by 3.6.6
among the big mess you can see at

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=samba;dist=unstable

Unfortunately, this : http://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/s/samba.png
is always depressive..:-)
(and this year, I'll have hard times bringing this graph down to 60 or
so...)