samba3upgrade migration results, issues, questions

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 3 18:47:55 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 17:26 +0400, Sergey Urushkin wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett писал 03.05.2012 16:32:
> > What was the original account policy?

> sambaMaxPwdAge: 2592000

This is the fundemental issue, and attached is a proposed patch.  The
logs you sent me privately contained the critical clue.

The problem is, that this is a 7000 year password expiry.  As such, it
is a little beyond what times we can print with gmtime(), which breaks
down for such large dates.

I've put in a clamp on returning and processing password expiry past
2038 for now, as we define TIME_T_MAX to that in for other processing.

Please let me know if this solves your issue, so I can push it to
master, and I thank you very much for your patience.