Further thoughts on File System ACL tests ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:26:28 MDT 2012

Hi folks,

So, I have looked closely at the tests in
source4/dsdb/test/python/acl.py and checked out the Python unittest
framework and the samba.test.TestCase stuff etc.

My first observation is that all of the tests in acl.py seem to relate
mainly to LDAP type tests, and perhaps the file is misnamed.

In any event, it would seem that I should put my tests in a separate
file, perhaps in the source3 directory somewhere and called fs_acl.py.

In a general sense as well, the tests should accept the credentials of
an Administrator-like user on the command line and should then add
users and groups as needed.

Each class should be derived form saba.tests.TestCase and its setup
method would create a connection to the server and share, add users,
groups, etc as needed, and create the appropriate directories and ACLs
for the test. The teardown method would cleanup after the tests (ie,
delete users, etc).

Then there would be a bunch of individual tests that test that the
correct things happen.

I should be able to get an initial simple test started this weekend,
if not earlier. However, further feedback is welcome.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe