Python tests of Access Control Lists and Privileges

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Mon Mar 26 02:22:17 MDT 2012

HI Richard,
This is the approach most often taken when we worked on the DC acls. I
would also suggest testing with permissions granted to the particular user,
to a group, and testing conflicting permissions - granted to a group but
forbidden to another group, with the user part of both for example. I know
this is not an usual scenario, but we are talking security here :).
I have not looked at your implementation and am a bit rusty in samba
development, so forgive me if this is pointless, but I suggest you have a
log for every access check that dumps the descriptors, it really helps to
determine why a test has failed.

Regards,
Nadya