upgradeprovision alpha17 to alpha18: dbcheck errors

Thomas Mueller thomas at chaschperli.ch
Fri Mar 16 04:08:47 MDT 2012

hi

tried to test the upgrade from alpha 17 to alpah18 on debian wheezy/sid.

i've installed alpah18 on my workstation and rsynced the data from the
"live" system.

before the upgrade i've run "samba-tool dbcheck". it shows 10 errors (5x
orphaned backlink attribute 'memberOf', 5x incorrect DN string component
for member in object, http://pastebin.com/10gSSzst )

i proceed without "samba-tool dbcheck --fix".

I run "/usr/share/samba/setup/upgradeprovision --full" which completes
succesfully but one error is printed: "Unable to set ACLs on policies
related objects: an integer is required" (http://pastebin.com/Dha2s7C5)

then i run again the "samba-tool dbcheck". Now it shows 74 errors (many
"incorrect GUID component for * in object", http://pastebin.com/s4v34Mng)

are these messages something to worry about?

- Thomas