missing /usr/local/samba/private/dns

Greg Dickie greg at justaguy.ca
Fri Mar 9 14:24:04 MST 2012

Hi,

 Perhaps another stupid question but I'm trying to get bind9 DLZ to work
but it throws an error about
missing /usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb. in fact
the  /usr/local/samba/private/dns does not even exist.

The DC was created with domain join and I seem to have the DNS data in
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb.d but how to I get samba to create (and
update) the DNS files? I read a thread that implied they can not just be
copied and samba will need to keep them updated I suppose.

I want to transition away from the windows DC.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Greg

--