remove chain_reply() ?

Fri Mar 2 12:37:52 MST 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 11:17:50AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 01:01:48AM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:44:02AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > Just a heads-up.  I know you will find this infuriating, but the make
> > > test failure with debug level 10 might be a red herring.  Any output
> > > line, including from a DEBUG() starting with 'error' is counted by
> > > subunit as a failure, and so will cause an autobuild to fail.
> >
> > So this means that make test became undebuggable for all
> > purposes. This also means that this patchset is doomed.
> > Thanks for that information.
>
> THIS PATCHSET IS NOT DOOMED. I am *insisting* that this
> gets finished. Gain some patience and work through the
> autobuild problem. autobuild has already earned it's
> keep, we need to be able to tolerate a little pain in
> order to keep everything working, frustrating though it
> can be sometimes.

Got to the root of the problem with metze's help. Metze had
the luck to have strlen("metze") > strlen("root"). Stay
tuned. I could have found this if the debug level 10 would
work in autobuild. This definitely needs fixing. I know,
this is open source and if it scratches *MY* itch, it is MY
duty to fix it, but due to other priorities this and
interest it might take a while.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de