smbd panic after per-thread UID handling changes (was: Re: Samba4:smb_panic(): calling panic action crash)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jun 30 23:49:23 MDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 22:14 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 02:47:46PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> > Can you please eliminate local variables by running this in the root of
> > your git repo (this will wipe local changes):
> >
> > git checkout .
> > git clean -x -f -d
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Also once you've done this can you give me some
> feedback on what system you're running this on ?
>
> If it fails again, after you've done what Andrew
> suggested, clean the tree again :
>
> git clean -x -f -d
>
> then do a waf reconfigure as root - and mail
> me the contents of the bin/config.log file as
> this will run a complete set of uid-changing
> tests as root using the functions that the
> main Samba code itself will be using once
> installed.

For what it's worth, I've just run a wintest, using this code, and while
it fails on some DRS things (which I need to look into), it certainly
doesn't crash like this.

Unlike make test, wintest runs as real root, and does real UID changing
etc, so this isn't a generic issue just being masked by our test
environment.