smbd panic after per-thread UID handling changes (was: Re: Samba4:smb_panic(): calling panic action crash)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Jun 30 23:14:04 MDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 02:47:46PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Can you please eliminate local variables by running this in the root of
> your git repo (this will wipe local changes):
>
> git checkout .
> git clean -x -f -d
>
> Thanks,

Also once you've done this can you give me some
feedback on what system you're running this on ?

If it fails again, after you've done what Andrew
suggested, clean the tree again :

git clean -x -f -d

then do a waf reconfigure as root - and mail
me the contents of the bin/config.log file as
this will run a complete set of uid-changing
tests as root using the functions that the
main Samba code itself will be using once
installed.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.