SOLVED: Samba4 getent Broken???
scott at jordahl.com
Sat Jun 30 14:30:08 MDT 2012
On 06/30/2012 12:46 PM, Scott Jordahl wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 09:52 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> >On 06/28/2012 02:14 PM, Scott Jordahl wrote:
> >> I'm having issues trying to get getent to show domain users/groups.
> >> This, consequently, means I cannot see actual user name/groups when
> >> doing an "ls -l" on the Samba host (just the assigned idmap number).
> >> Here is my setup:
> >> Host: Ubuntu x64 10.04 LTS
> >> Samba compiled from: samba-4.0.0beta2.tar.gz
> >> Here is what I have done:
> >> o Appended "winbind" to the passwd and group entries in nsswitch.conf
> >> o Copied libnss_winbind.so.2 to /lib and created the symlink
> >> /lib/libnss_winbind.so -> /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2
> >> o Misc: apparmor has been removed
> >> o ldconfig -v shows "libnss_winbind.so.2 -> libnss_winbind.so.2"
> >> When I execute wbinfo with any of the options, it works perfectly and
> >> outputs what is expected.
> >> When I execute getent, I only get a dump of the local users/groups. I
> >> also tried: "getent passwd "DOM\user", and it returns an empty string.
> >> I'm not getting any error messages and nothing is showing up in any of
> >> the logs. Am I suppose to include an option with "configure" to enable
> >> this function before building Samba?
> >Can you strace the getent and see if it's talking to the same unix
> >socket as wbinfo does ?
> Well, I'm not sure what's going on, but I built and installed beta2 on
> another Ubuntu x64 10.04 LTS server, and getent works fine. I need to
> go back to my first server and troubleshoot why nss is not resolving
> correctly. I'll let you know what I find out.
> -- Scott
Wow. Last year I built a test version of an alpha Samba4 and configured
it to use an alternate base directory structure (/test/samba). I since
removed that directory. The installer for the alpha build (I assume)
created the file: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/samba4.conf with a pointer to
/test/samba/lib. This file did not get updated when installing beta2.
getent was trying to find winbindd using the old, removed library path.
Once I updated /etc/ld.so.conf.d/samba4.conf to look in
/usr/local/samba/lib and ran ldconfig, getent was happy.
Thanks Matthieu for the strace suggestion.
More information about the samba-technical