smbd segfault during failed oplock break (Re: Problems with Samba 4 Beta 1 and a possible bug that was previously reported)

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:33:49 MDT 2012

On 06/29/2012 02:20 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've retitled the bug to get the attention of those who work on the file
> server, as this isn't a specifically AD related bug as far as I can see.
>
> If you can get it all under valgrind, it may help working out the
> details of the use-after-free().
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Thank you Andrew. Are there any special instructions for using valgrind
with S4? Or can I just do like I would with any other program and just
put valgrind before with --memcheck=full (I probably have that a bit off)?

The use-after-free() is still happening it seems under load even with
the off-line-files gone, so I think I should be able to duplicate it.
(In fact it seems to be more related to the "destination unreachable" I
mentioned an hour or so ago.)

Trever