Patchset to add asynchronous open/close to master

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 18:32:29 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:33:45AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> One more point - the reason for using the
> syscall(XXX, ...) instead of the setfsuid()
> calls is because glibc could change
> in the future to catch the setfsuid() calls
> to do the SETXID uid signalling and we
> wouldn't know. The syscall() interface
> is guarenteed to stay the same on the
> Linux kernel without any glibc interference.

Just a quick update on this. I finally have
a patchset I think is working well, it
wraps all the setXX() calls into libreplace
to give thread-specific credentials making
the code changes minimal and not disturbing
uid_wrapper at all (other than fixing a
missing prototype :-).

I also have a good test harness for it,
but I'm currently doing more testing so will
post the patch for review tomorrow.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.