s4: homes share not working

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Jun 26 11:14:27 MDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 06:12 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 26.06.2012 16:13, schrieb Helmut Hullen:
>>

> I tried it with
>
> [homes]
>         read only = no
>
> But then I'm asked for username/password when connecting to
> \\server\homes. But none works.
>
> But if I don't have a path, where does samba will know the linux home
> directory from?
If you want to use the special [homes] share then you can use winbindd,
which understands it. The default directory is then /home/DOMAIN/%USERNAME%
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind

> All accounts come directly from s4 AD. And there's no attribute for
> the linux home dir.
If you don't want to use winbind, then you can store the
unixHomeDirectory attribute (along with the other stuff Linux needs) in
the directory and pull it out by mapping it to homeDirectory using nss.
This method also has the advantage in that _you_  choose where the users
home directory will be, not winbindd.
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/s4bind-singe-sign-on-for-linux-and.html

HTH
Cheers,