Reg. How to optimize code size & memory requirement for embedded platform...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 04:57:24 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 16:45 +0530, ssseintr hwc wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> We want to port the Samba server to Linux based embedded platform. Due
> to huge memory requirement we are bit struggling to use it.
>
> As per our understanding Samba is already optimized for embedded platforms.
>
> What are the memory level optimization done for embedded platforms & Any other
> details avail relate to this.

For a smaller Samba code size, try the top level build in the Samba 4.0
beta releases.

You can use

./configure --without-ad-dc

to just get a file server (not the full AD DC).  The result should be
much smaller than the current released versions due to the new build
system using shared libraries internally.