Is it possible to have samba4 DC with samba 3.4.7 file server?

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:18:19 MDT 2012

Hi list,
trying to fix the issues in my previous mail, I found that disabling
s3fs on both DCs, the samba 3.4.7 servers restarted working.
To get this I added these lines:
server services = +smb -s3fs
dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg +srvsvc

Is it possible that the problem was that I missed to enable some
services on smb.conf to use s3fs? I let it as default 'cause I've heard
that s3fs was the default.

In my network, the PDC runs on a VM and due to low space on it's disk it
will stay AD DC and DNS server (up to now with bind+DLZ) but BDC is a
physical server and runs AD DC and DNS server but it should also became
the file server so I need to get s3fs working.

Daniele.