How to get DNS replication working properly?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Jun 26 04:03:08 MDT 2012

On 26/06/12 09:22, Andreas Oster wrote:
> Am 24.06.2012 14:49, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:

>>> I tried git clone git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git fix-dns-replication
>>> But it looks like it's missing the netcmd/ subdirectory and e.g.
>>> domain.py you patched?
>>
>> You need to check out the fix-dns-replication branch, eg
>>
>> cd fix-dns-replication
>> git checkout abartlet/fix-dns-replication -b fix-dns-replication
>> make
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett
>>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> have these patches already found their way to the master branch ?
> Is there another way to start the replication other than demoting and
> rejoining the BDCs ?
>
> Thank you for your kind help
>
> best regards
>
> Andreas

Hi
Latest git from master 2 hours ago, I get this from a d3:

Replicated 0 objects (0 linked attributes) for
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=hh3,DC=site
Replicated 0 objects (0 linked attributes) for
DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=hh3,DC=site
Replicated 0 objects (0 linked attributes) for DC=hh3,DC=site
Replicated 0 objects (0 linked attributes) for
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
Replicated 0 objects (0 linked attributes) for
CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site

OK, there was nothing new but I _think_ it's done what it should. Does
that log look correct or is it still missing something?

Cheers,
Steve