How to get DNS replication working properly?

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 05:55:28 MDT 2012

On 24/06/2012 12:24, simo wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 12:19 +0100, Mike Howard wrote:

>>> Interesting,
>>>

>>> So should I use the internal DNS or Bind DLZ? Does it matter?
>>>

>> The internal server does not support secure dynamic updates yet, so if
>> you want secure dynamic updates, go with bind_dlz. Linux clients have a
>> hard time with that though, so, if you have linux clients and don't
>> _need_ secure updates, go with samba_internal. Just my opinion of course.
> What problem would Linux clients have ?
>
> In my experience GSS-TSIG updates work just fine.
>
> Simo.

Linux clients have a problem with samba dns, not GSS-TSIG. I have
_always_ used secure ddns updates with linux clients and bind without
problem. I have _never_ been able to successfully use linux clients and
secure ddns updates with samba dns. I (along with numerous others) have
asked here many time about this issue without success. If you know
otherwise, I really would be grateful for an description of how to get
linux clients and samba_dlz to play nicely together.
--
Any question is easy if you know the answer!