How to get DNS replication working properly?

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 03:33:09 MDT 2012

On 24/06/2012 08:35, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 17:32 +0200, Morten Kramer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I've been trying to get DNS replication to work for a few days now.
>>

>> What I've done:
>
>> - Compile Samba (Beta1/Beta2/recent git pull) under Centos 6.2 x64
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> Could you both please try
>
> git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git fix-dns-replication
>
> If you start with that, for a new join, it should do the replication of
> the DNS partitions.  Otherwise, follow the steps you took.
>
> Please let me know if this works, so I can get this in to master to
> assist others.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I tried the two patches you posted the other day and using the internal
dns server got replication to work.

There was a minor issue of the secondary dc's details were not added to
the primary's dns at all. Easily added manually though. The SOA doesn't
include the secondary ns info

Thanks for the hard work..

--
Any question is easy if you know the answer!