Patchset to add asynchronous open/close to master

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jun 21 16:02:23 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 05:55:48PM -0400, simo wrote:

> Neat,
> should we add some abort() calls to check the next time glibc decides to
> use SETXID on anything ... who know some smart fella may decide to set
> it on getpid() :-P

I think we only need to care about the setxxx
calls, not any of the getxxx calls.

And we never call the setxx calls directly,
but always through the wrappers in source3/lib/util_sec.c
so if we make them call the syscalls directly we should be
ok (IMHO). Plus the wrappers always do a getXXX
check afterwards to ensure the set succeeded, and
abort the entire process if any of them failed.

Jeremy.