server services and dcerpc endpoint server parameters

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Thu Jun 21 05:02:26 MDT 2012

Hi,

I updated my testing environment to 4.0.0beta3-GIT-db9180c and run the
migration process again

# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain samba3upgrade --dbdir=/usr/var/locks/
--use-xattrs=yes --realm=MUC.medizinische-genetik.de /etc/samba/smb3.conf

I saw that the new smb.conf I get now, doesnt have the "server services" and
"dcerpc endpoint servers" parameters any more. Also when I start "samba", no
smbd is started. If I start it manually port 139 and 445 are in listen state
and I can connect to shares. Wasn't smbd started automatically by samba before?

Did I miss something? And are "server services" and "dcerpc endpoint servers"
still required? Is there kind of manpage about this parameters somewhere?

Regards,
Marc