Patchset to add asynchronous open/close to master

Wed Jun 20 13:53:49 MDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:44:35PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Let me try to give a technical argument: Metze's concern
> > just also came to my mind. In the Terminal Server case, we
> > can have multiple users on the same TCP connection. User A
> > does the SMB create call, we trigger the thread. User B
> > comes in and does another call. We setuid to User B. What
> > happens if User A would have been allowed to create the
> > file, but the kernel denies it to User B, which we did the
> > setuid to?
> >
> > Sorry if this comes across as mistrust. Maybe we can still
> > solve all these questions, but I think we should have the
> > possibility to raise them without any precondition.
>
> Technical arguments are fine :-). It's the "I don't like
> doing it this way" arguments that are irritating.

For me it sometimes takes a while before I can find the
right words backing up my gut feeling with mathematical
precision. I will stop mentioning opinions before I can ask
precise to the point questions.

Sorry,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de