Blockers in Bugfix-Releases (Re: [Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.6 on May 31 (was May 24)?)

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Jun 18 23:35:41 MDT 2012

Quoting Karolin Seeger (kseeger at samba.org):

> I don't think that this is neccessary, because
> a) nobody is reading release notes and

I strongly object to that..:-)

Release Notes are the best helpers for me to decide if I can propose
an update to our stable packages.

Doing the same with Bugzilla is probably possible but is certainly a
giant PITA. And this of course makes me understand why maintaining the
release notes *is* a giant PITA for you, Karolin, of course..:-)

> b) that is what bugzilla is for.
> I have no idea how long the release notes will be if I have to add each
> existing bug. But if all of you agree, I will have to.

At least, having the list of bugs fixed by a given release in the
release notes would be helpful.