[GSoC - 2012 ] - Progress Update

Dhananjay Sathe dhananjaysathe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:00:35 MDT 2012

Hello everyone ,

 It's been a couple of weeks since I dropped a mail to updates you all
about my progress so far on his years edition of the GSoC . So here goes.
As i have informed you before the first part of the project is the port to
Gtk3 , and i am pleased to tell you I have made substantial progress on
that front. All the utilities ,but one (corn-atsvc based utility ) are now
ported successfully. Woot !
Many small and random bugs have been ironed out in the process and now
porting is way simpler as i seem to have got hold of all those quirks of
gobject introspection based bindings and their random api changes
re-organisations and all together omitions too ! Infact i followed up the
recent changes in Gtk 3.4 /5 and made appropriate changes to ensure all
foreseeable compat issues are handled just fine.  I also fixed a long
standing bug that prevented the samr manager from working .

As for any difficulties and  trouble I am facing at the moment  , something
seems to have gone wrong with the latest builds of samba (I tried all
builds from a18 - b1 ) the svcctl pipe seems to be misbehaving and non
functional for some reason. I have notified Jelmer about the same and we
are looking into the issue  and hence we'll hopefully resolve it .

As before i continue pushing my code to the "gtk3" branch at

   - git://gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged.git
   -
   https://gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged/trees/gtk3

Any feedback, comments and suggestions are most welcome :)

Cheers !

Dhananjay Deepak Sathe | +91 976-487-1950
dhananjaysathe at gmail.com,dhananjaysathe at acm.org,f2009260 at bits-goa.ac.in,
Blog : http://dsathe.blogspot.com
3rd Year Undergraduate,
BE(Hons) Electronics and Instrumentation,
BITS Pilani Goa Campus.