unable to add replication for ForestDnsZones and DomainDnsZones

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Sat Jun 16 11:00:08 MDT 2012

Andreas, First double check that dc02 can at least ping dc01 by name, if
that doesn't work fix your dns, secondly I use the command as
follows,  samba-tool drs replicate dc02 dc01
DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=LOCAL --local. I also had issues when (I
stupidly) forgot to add the keytab to the dc01 bind options file... so you
might double check that dc02 is actually getting added properly to AD when
you join it as well. Those may not fix your issue, but its definitely worth
checking out.

Good luck,
Ricky