Add mapping using uidNumber and gidNumber like idmap_ad

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat Jun 16 02:30:25 MDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

> commit 3c65bac0b6fc104f4bdf86beed775d13da00aaab
> Author: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> Date:   Sun Jun 10 15:52:14 2012 +1000
>
>     s4-idmap: Add mapping using uidNumber and gidNumber like idmap_ad
>
>     This is a solution for users who are upgrading from Samba 3.x in
>     particuar, or have clients that will be using idmap_ad.  This avoids
>     needing to have duplicate values in idmap.ldb and in the directory.
>
>     No check for conflicts is made with the idmap.ldb - the AD store always wins.
>
>     Andrew Bartlett

I'm not ok with this patch, I asked you to add an option for this new
behavior!

This should not be the default behavior, there should be an option for
people
who want that magic.

This just leads to hard to debug installations.

We have enough of magic fallbacks to legacy mapping in the s3, which might
end up with inconsistent id mappings, if winbindd is not reachable for a
short time.

metze