some spelling corrections

F.A.G. Luteijn f.a.g.luteijn at knoware.nl
Fri Jun 15 18:06:07 MDT 2012

Björn JACKE schreef op 15.06.2012 20:01:
> On 2012-06-13 at 23:46 +0200 F.A.G. Luteijn sent off:
>> Do you also have an answer to my other questions?
>
> unfortunately no, I don't know where the second patch is for. This
> seems not to
> be a file from us.
>
> Cheers
> Björn

Dear Björn,

The file "testdata/samba3/samba3.ldif" of the second patch is in the
original source package. I think the gidNumber and the sambaSID are not
correct.

Are you familiar with the following phenomenon (from my first e-mail):

Furthermore I noticed in Debian stable (version 3.5.6) when I try to
add
a machine to a Samba domain and I have raised the debug level, in my
case to 5, the adding fails with the following message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "WERKGROEP":
The specified network name is no longer available.

and I get a panic in Samba.

Setting the debug level back to 0 and the machines joins without any
problems.

Is this a know problem or am I the first to report it?

I also tried to add a windows 7 machine to a Samba domain, but that
fails with the following message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "WERKGROEP":
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Is this a compatibility problem? I already tried to raise "max
protocol"
to "SMB2", with no success.

Greetings,
--
Frans Luteijn
PGP PblKey fprnt=C4 87 CE AF BC B6 98 C1  EF 42 A1 9A E2 C0 42 5B