Help is required to build static library of libwbclient

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Fri Jun 15 10:20:14 MDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM,  <peixing.sun at emc.com> wrote:
> I have the same build problems to build smbtorture for Samba4.  It has to link with 98 shared samba4 libraries.
> It is really inconvenient.
>
> I got many suggestions on how to make the static build, none of them worked.
>
> I used samba4.alpha1 through alpha11,   static build is way better.
>
> Attention developers:  Please let me use static build.   Shard libraries is not good at all.  Who want an executable with 98 shared samba4 libraries?
I don't know where are you looking but waf build has
--nonshared-binary option. Works for me, the only dependencies I have
are system-provided.
$ ./configure --help|grep -A1 nonshared-binary
    --nonshared-binary=NONSHARED_BINARIES
            Disable use of shared libs for the listed binaries

In general, we have quite comprehensive list of options and help in waf build.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy