super slow rpc.samr.passwords.pwdlastset no CPU no IO

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Jun 15 01:25:59 MDT 2012

Hello All,

in make test we are running 3 times the rpc.samr.passwords.pwdlastset
and for some reasons (I didn't dig yet into the code)
The slowest seems to be the one for samba4:
[3/3 in 2m38s] samba4.rpc.samr.passwords.pwdlastset on ncacn_np(dc)

<snip>

ALL OK (3 tests in 3 testsuites)

A summary with detailed information can be found in:
   ./st/summary
'testonly' finished successfully (6m51.407s)

Roughly 4,5 minutes and no IO and no CPU.

Does anyone know why this test seems to "sleep" ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team