NTDB progress!

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Jun 14 19:03:43 MDT 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:34:17 +0200, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:
> One comment on the code: I think we don't need the allocator
> attribute, given that we have ntdb_parse_record.

I think it's still nice to have, because the allocator attribute also
allows the struct ntdb_context to be a talloc object.  Samba doesn't
care very much since we wrap everything, but it's neat for other projects.

ntdb_parse_record() is more efficient than tdb_parse_record(), but it
can still create a copy.  This means you're doing a double-copy to get a
talloc object.  Again, Samba doesn't care, but ntdb_fetch() is good for
simple code.

Cheers,
Rusty.