Patchset to add asynchronous open/close to master

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jun 14 18:24:42 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:59:09AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 01:12:02PM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>
> > Why does it call SMB_VFS_NEXT* then, when not doing async stuff,
> > I think it should always or never call raw syscalls.
> >
> > Otherwise it's confusing, at least add some comments.
>
> The reason it calls the SMB_VFS_NEXT* stuff is otherwise
> I have to duplicate the code in all the modules/vfs_default.c
> functions I call. I really don't want to do that.
>
> I'll add comments to make that clear.

Actually, thinking about this as both Simo and Metze
have complained, I will remove any references to SMB_VFS_NEXT*
calls in the code, and call directly to the underlying
syscalls/and or smbd code. Looking at this again there
isn't a lot of duplication anyway, so I'm not gaining
much.

It is confusing, and is only a lazy way of doing
the right thing - so I'll just do the right thing :-).

Thanks Metze + Simo :-).

Jeremy.