Blockers in Bugfix-Releases (Re: [Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.6 on May 31 (was May 24)?)

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jun 13 23:23:39 MDT 2012

Quoting Karolin Seeger (kseeger at samba.org):

> > So, particularly if we keep slipping, the risk is that we deny all these
> > fixes to Debian stable users (they won't backport this many patches),
> > because of a serious issue hitting only the DC case that could actually
> > be backported.
>
> I am sorry, but it just did not work out this time.
> Hopefully I coul clarify the circumstances a bit.

Debian hasn't been frozen yet, so we still have a chance to get 3.6.6
in. And, anyway, I hope I can be convincing enough wrt our release
team (we have *two* former Debian release managers in the Samba
packaging team, so we have arguments..;:-)) to get 3.6.6 in wheezy
even after the freeze. Having something release before end of June
would make it possible, I think. If the release is in July, it's less
sure as I'm suspecting our release managers want to freeze more or
less at the start of the yearly Debian conference that begins on July
1st.