Updated patches for exchange setup support

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Jun 13 11:50:26 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 23:28 -0700, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Andrew, Simo, Matthias,
>
> I've updated my patches here:
>
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/schema
>
> They involves:
>
> * removing the automatic reload of the schema
> * adding periodic of the schema (like in Microsoft implementation)
> * finish handling of schemaUpdateNow so that it really cause the schema
> to be reloaded right now (or at the end of the transaction)
> * add a signaling between process so that if one process had to reload
> the schema due to schemaUpdateNow or due to DRS replication then other
> process dealing with the samdb are aware of it and reload the schema.
> * fix utc/generalized time attributes (we used to treat them as synonyms
> but there aren't)
> * return the timestamp of the last modified attribute/class as the
> modifyTimestamp attribute of CN=Aggregate,<SCHEMA_DN>
> * fix crackname
>
> Can you have a look ?

I do not understand why you are trying to access directly the underlying
tdb. This sounds completely wrong for various reasons, including the
fact it breaks the ldb abstraction (we could decide to move and use a
different backend, for example ntdb or something else in future).
But I also do not see why you need that at all.
Why can't you simply lookup an LDB entry to save/read out the current
schema version ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce