https://git.samba.org/?p=rusty/samba.git; a=commitdiff; h=3300bea534610c

Rusty Russell rusty at ozlabs.org
Wed Jun 13 01:59:39 MDT 2012

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 15:48:34 +0200, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do we want such a fundamental change so close to release?
>
> Volker

No, we don't.  And it wasn't an easy decision to make, but after a week
of benchmarking and optimization it was clear that it needed be done.
The complex approach using expanding nested hashtables didn't win
enough:

(1) Since ntdb is a standalone library, it needs to scale down like tdb
    does, and the complicated hashtable nesting didn't do that.

(2) It effectively rips out the tdb2 nested hashtable implementation in
    favor of a slight variant of the tdb1 version.  It cut almost 300
    lines off hash.c, and 600 lines in total.

Hope that helps,
Rusty.