NTDB progress!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 12 19:22:28 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 21:11 +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>         Sorry this has been delayed: two things happened.  Firstly,
> other duties involved me going to Hong Kong for a week.  Secondly,
> porting revealed an unacceptable slowdown for smaller databases going
> from tdb to tdb2, so after much benchmarking, the format was simplfied
> to be closer to the original tdb.  See benchmarks below taken from that
> commit message; we still pay a slight penalty for 64 bit.
>
> See my ntdb-wip head:
>
>         https://git.samba.org/rusty/samba.git/?p=rusty/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ntdb-wip

Rusty,

With beta2 scheduled for Tuesday, I'm wondering where we are at with
landing this code?

The only comment I've seen on the code itself is Volker's comment
concerned about the change you mention here.  It is a reasonable
concern, but I'm not sure what we can do about it, given we already
decided that the options for not using TDB2 also were not acceptable.