Some Questions about smb.conf and join Samba4 to domian

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Tue Jun 12 09:24:52 MDT 2012

>Do you have 'nsupdate' installed on your samba machine? (its named
>bind-tools as a package on some distros). If you have it installed
>have you replicated your DomainDNSZones and ForestDNSZones? (something
>like 'samba-tool drs replicate secondaryDC primaryDC
>DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=SOME,DC=DOMAIN --local' and 'samba-tool drs
>replicate secondaryDC primaryDC DC=FORESTDNSZONES,DC=SOME,DC=DOMAIN
>--local'). Just a couple of things you could try.

>Ricky

Thank you very much Ricky. The "samba_dnsupdate" script is working. Its sound strange because my Debian Squeeze has installed "nsupdate" by default, but not work correctly it seems, may be a bug I think; then I installed dnsutils package ,from repositories, that contain dig, nslookup and nsupdate. Now samba_dnsupdate work correctly.

I replicated manually DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones from my Windows PDC to my Samba4 DC and its work fine. Then I wait for a while and check the status of replication with "samba-tool drs repl" and all is fine. Finally I ran samba_upgradedns to create private/dns directory and configured my bind9.8.1 to use Bind DLZ. I have seen that Start of Authority (SOA) zone referent to Samba4 DC is not created, if necessary create it manually?

Regards, Carlos

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Vis?tenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu