Extra system/filesys.h in vfs_ipc.c

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 11 20:39:03 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 17:24 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > Alexander,
> >
> > The commit below is the current reason why we fail to build on AIX.
> >
> > Now what AIX is doing in it's headers sucks (#define of all the system
> > calls), but we have to live with it (renaming stuff if we have to).
> >
> > https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/a1f390d94208a8b0e8af778dd339729b53ceb9ab
> >
> > But what I'm sure metze (who is looking at this) I would like to know is
> > why you think filesys.h is needed?  I did a local build without it here.
> >
> > (Presumably this is coming up now - rather than back when ntvfs was new
> > - due to the change in the way we do 64 bit files).
> It was failing compile for me on Fedora 17. I vaguely remember there
> was some issue in a missing struct definition, can't remember exact
> details anymore.
>
> I now tried to recompile it on fresh F17 without that include and it
> worked fine, no problem.

Thanks.  I've looked up how _LARGEFILE works:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.aix.genprogc/doc/genprogc/prg_lrg_files.htm

As expected, AIX is doing a #define of lots of things here.  We will
probably need to change all the structure elements in ntvfs_ops.

Attached is a patch for possibly avoiding the issue on this particular
file however.

Metze,

How do you want to proceed from here?