'max log size' and logfile rotations in Samba 4.0

Mon Jun 11 02:15:10 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 05:46:57PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Please let me know what you think, particularly about removing 'max log
> size', and any other thoughts on how we can tidy this up enough to have
> consistent behaviour across all of Samba.

Please note that "event_add_idle" has a particularly bad
name that must be changed before centralized. The name
indicates that something is run when an event loop is idle,
i.e. nothing interesting is going on. This is not the case
with the current code. I apologize for choosing that name in
the first place and causing you trouble now.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de