some spelling corrections

F.A.G. Luteijn f.a.g.luteijn at knoware.nl
Sun Jun 3 07:05:03 MDT 2012

Dear Samba developers,

Attached you find a diff-file with some spelling corrections I find in
some manuals. The second attachment is, as far as I know, a correction
to a ldif file.

Furthermore I noticed in Debian stable (version 3.5.6) when I try to add
a machine to a Samba domain and I have raised the debug level, in my
case to 5, the adding fails with the following message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "WERKGROEP":
The specified network name is no longer available.

and I get a panic in Samba.

Setting the debug level back to 0 and the machines joins without any
problems.

Is this a know problem or am I the first to report it?

I also tried to add a windows 7 machine to a Samba domain, but that
fails with the following message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "WERKGROEP":
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Is this a compatibility problem? I already tried to raise "max protocol"
to "SMB2", with no success.

Greetings,

--
Frans Luteijn
PGP PblKey fprnt=C4 87 CE AF BC B6 98 C1  EF 42 A1 9A E2 C0 42 5B