smbspool message "DEBUG: Connected with username/password..."

Fri Jun 8 02:46:47 MDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:30:10AM +0200, Klein, Gerhard wrote:
> Hi,
>

> we use smbspool to send spoolfiles to Windows printserver.
> For authentification we set the environment variable
> DEVICE_URI like
> smb://username:password@workgroup/server[:port]/printer.
> This works fine. Since we updated Samba to 3.4.17 we get
> the message "DEBUG: Connected with username/password..."
> and the calling script goes wrong. The log level is 0. How
> can I disable debug messages of smbspool.

There is no log level around in smbspool. We can certainly
remove that message, but there are tons of other stdout
messages in that tool. It is just the style that smbspool
does.

Is it possible for you to filter that out? If not, please
enter a bug at bugzilla.samba.org. Please note that we will
probably only fix this in the 3.6 release stream.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de