Questions about the compilation process in Samba4

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Thu Jun 7 16:14:58 MDT 2012

Helllo:

 I am using Debian Squeeze for 32 bits. Is correct this packages for compiling Samba 4.0.0beta1:

build-essential libattr1-dev libblkid-dev libgnutls-dev libreadline-dev python-dev autoconf python-dnspython gdb pkg-config bind9utils libpopt-dev krb5-config krb5-user libacl1-dev acl xattr

My questions is because, when I run "make", appears some warnings like:

../source3/modules/vfs_aio_pthread.c: In function ‘aio_worker’:
../source3/modules/vfs_aio_pthread.c:103: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
../source3/modules/vfs_aio_pthread.c:110: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
../source3/modules/vfs_aio_pthread.c:115: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
../source3/modules/vfs_aio_pthread.c:122: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type

[3563/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/talloc/libtalloc.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3564/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/talloc/libpytalloc-util.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3565/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/tevent/libtevent.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3566/3724] abi_check: bin/default/librpc/libndr.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3567/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/tdb2/libtdb.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3568/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/ldb/libldb.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3569/3724] abi_check: bin/default/lib/ldb/libpyldb-util.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

[3570/3724] abi_check: bin/default/source3/libsmb/libsmbclient.so

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable), which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

But the process finish correctly:
Waf: Leaving directory `/root/Server/Samba/samba-4.0.0beta1/bin'
'build' finished successfully (13m18.171s)

Is normal this behaviour? The "make install" process finish correctly too:
Waf: Leaving directory `/root/Server/Samba/samba-4.0.0beta1/bin'
'install' finished successfully (4m3.581s)

I hope someone may help me o clarify me the situation.

Regards, Carlos

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Visítenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu