CTDB asymetric (non-)recovery

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Jun 7 06:15:35 MDT 2012

Le 07/06/2012 12:22, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
> I increased the log level to 9 (damn, this IS verbose), and I try to
> extract the relevant part of the loop, on the failing node (though yet
> nothing is proving me that the unhealthy node _is_ the faulty one).
>
> The log file is here : http://pastebin.com/YEwrkmPx

Comparing the verbose log files between a nice recovery and a failing
one, I see in the good situation that :

| [recoverd: 3351]: The interfaces status has changed on local node 1 -
force takeover run

Followed by :

| [recoverd: 3351]: Trigger takeoverrun

In the bad case, this takeoverrun never gets triggered (nothing in the
log file)
Reading the source code, I see the function implied is
verify_local_ip_allocation but I don't understand how one could get out
of this function without yelding an error message in-between?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot