build failure on OS/X lion

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Jun 7 05:35:35 MDT 2012

Hi Volker,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On OS/X lion I am trying to build current master using waf.
> I am getting the attached build error. Is this anything that
> is supposed to work?
>
> I am using
>
> ./configure.developer --prefix=/Users/vlendec/git/inst --abi-check-disable --without-ad-dc
>
> as the configure line.
This is due to '-prelease' suffix in version string. Following patch
should fix this issue for anything suffixed with -:
https://git.samba.org/?p=ab/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=55205de2ea80b7f3861db075dc56192376c0ffb5

Please let me know if this patch works on OS/X and you get proper
ERROR: message on OS/X Lion due to old MIT Krb5 (1.7-prerelease).
I have tested it separately with the string you gave me and it should
produce [1,7] which is older than [1,9] that we support for MIT krb5.

A previous patch in the same tree is covering a case where you can use
embedded Heimdal to build on OS/X Lion without AD DC.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy