How to move storage OEMs to Samba 4.0 ?

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Jun 6 16:47:28 MDT 2012

On 2012-06-06 at 14:43 -0700 Jeremy Allison sent off:
> No one is talking about making stable branches unstable. I'm talking about
> backports of QA'd code. This is what YOUR COMPANIES BUSINESS MODEL IS BASED
> ON !

backporting features sooner or later introduces new bugs, that is a fact. That
is why we decided not to add new features to our stable brnaches. QA is nice,
especially in theory. If the review system is the QA that you mean - also that
failed several times in the past because we *did* introduce new bugs in stable
branches.

Björn