How to move storage OEMs to Samba 4.0 ?

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Jun 6 13:24:36 MDT 2012

On 2012-06-06 at 18:50 +0200 Kai Blin sent off:
> If we put all these different patch sets into 3.6, we effectively create
> a new release without telling anyone, and possibly break things for
> everybody who expects that 3.6 actually is bug-fixes only.

right. The rules of the stable release branches should not be changed. We want
our users to be able to trust us.

We promised not to introduce new bugs in a stable release branche. This has
been the age of Samba 3.0.

Changing the rules, that means introduce new features, which will means we will
also introduce new bugs - we will lose trust among our users - with good
cause.

Björn