How to move storage OEMs to Samba 4.0 ?

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Wed Jun 6 06:44:09 MDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM, simo <idra at samba.org> wrote:

> I think we can make OEMs life better if we provide a --file-server-only
> build that will have the same dependencies and footprint of the current
> file server. (well except for python, but that's fine)
>
> I think that would go to great lengths to make it easier for OEMs to
> adopt 4.0 for their file server needs.

+1.

-1 to 3.7 being official.  If SerNET + Jeremy + others wish to keep a
3.7 esque branch.  "Feel free.  It's open source.  We can agree to
disagree."

0 on backporting.  Honestly, as long as it doesn't break 3.6, I don't
care.  I'd slightly prefer a bit of pain to move OEMs forward.  But
that's because I'm going to 4.0/master fairly soon I suspect.

-Ira