Blockers in Bugfix-Releases (Re: [Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.6 on May 31 (was May 24)?)

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Jun 5 15:23:58 MDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 10:46 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:43:20PM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
>

> The problem is (as we can readily show :-), is that
> it's not always immediately obvious if something is
> a security bug or not.
Exactly.

Such as for example a file created on the underlying system being
rw r r
but under s3fs something totally different, and it not being able to
recognize
  chmod g+s
on a share?

Yeah, you guys have worked wonders. s3fs is nearly there but hey, it
could be misleading to others looking at e.g. file permissions.

Dare I mention Bugzilla 8938 again?

Cheers,
Steve