Beta1 S3FS "The parameter is incorrect" on Win7

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:48:02 MDT 2012

I have some more information about this issue. To ensure that I was
reproducing a real issue, and not just an issue with my setup, I
decided to create a test from scratch. Here are the steps I used to
reproduce the issue.

1) Install Ubuntu 10.04
2) Check out samba4 Beta1
3) Configure with: ./configure.developer --enable-fhs
--prefix=/usr/local/ --with-syslog --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba
--enable-cups --with-pam --with-acl-support
4) Provision with: provision --realm=testdom.lan --domain=TESTDOM
--adminpass=AdminPw123 --server-role=dc
5) Configure bind 9.8 do use the DLZ plugin and dynamic updates.

After that was all set up, I tested a XP and Win7 computer, and got
the same results as before. After that I tried joining both machines
to the domain. Once the machines were joined to the domain, everything
worked as expected. I was able to browse the shares as normal, and
edit permissions. So, this issue seems to only affect machines not
joined to the domain, or domains with incorrect DNS configurations.
Would it be appropriate to file a bug report for this issue?

Also, I noticed that the files in sysvol are not marked to inherit
permissions by default. I believe this is correct for the sysvol
folder itself, but not for any of it's sub-folders.