[ANNOUNCE] Samba 4.0 beta1

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 5 10:04:10 MDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 03:21:13PM +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 05.06.2012 15:12, schrieb Michael Adam:
> >I hope our users will share our excitement and do even more
> >testing than before, and give us a good amount of feed-back.
>
> I'm currently playing around alot with samba4 in my testing
> environment and expecially at the moment with the migrating process
> and sometimes finding new errors or problems.
>
> Do you want to have bugs and abnormalities still here on the tech
> list or in bugzilla now, after is in beta state now? And what about
> configuration problems (like smb.conf parameters, ...)?

Report *everything*. It's the only way we'll get to a quality
release.

> If I can't help by programming, I want at least give feedback and
> report problems. :-)

Please do ! This is the most important thing you can do to
help right now.

Add all new issues to bugzilla, as that's the only way we
can track problems for release. Doing it on the mailing
list guarantees the issues will get dropped.

Jeremy.