autoconf build of master on FreeBSD 10

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Jun 4 05:34:28 MDT 2012

Am 04.06.2012 13:24, schrieb Volker Lendecke:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 08:38:53AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> Volker,
>>
>> As you have taken had a focus on FreeBSD support recently, I wondered if
>> you would like to look into this long-standing failure in the autoconf
>> build:
>>
>> https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/a34dad2b9e13bf739a4014f594a011e34f77844c
>>
>> It makes no sense to me at all, but perhaps you might be able to work
>> out what is going on.
>
> Just installed a FreeBSD-current jail.
>
> ./configure.developer && make
>
> worked without an error. It might be something that FreeBSD
> has fixed in the meantime (10 is not yet released according
> to www.freebsd.org).

I think it's 'make everything' or 'make bin/smbtorture' that fails.
And the reason is that HAVE_WINBIND is 'no' at the end of configure.

*freebsd[[5-9]]*) in line 5787 doesn't cover freebsd10.

I'm asking myself why do we every want to not build winbindd?

I mean I can understand to skip the nss modules, but I think
we should always build winbindd and libwbclient.so.

metze